The Queen Charlotte Track Description
Heralded as one of the countries premier walking trails The Queen Charlotte Track is one of
New Zealand's most relaxing coastal walks. From fern fringed bays and lush green forest to
stunning skyline vistas its easy to see why.
Top this with comfortable accommodation in unmarket lodges along with excellent three course
meals and you have all the requirements for a gourmet walking or mountain biking holiday in
Walked over four days, The Queen Charlotte Track (71 km, 40 miles) is well maintained with the
majority of the streams bridged and has a variety of gradients and surfaces with a wide,
compact base, hence stout footwear is advised.
A reasonable level of fitness is required to walk The Queen Charlotte Track, although there are
options available if you wish to travel by water taxi from each lodge on any given day of the walk.
You only need to carry a light day bag containing your camera, lunch and water bottle as your
overnight luggage is transferred by water taxi each day.
The beauty of The Queen Charlotte Track is that it can be walked any season as the
Marlborough Sounds enjoys a mild, temperate climate throughout the year. Winter is an ideal
walking time with clear, sunny days and fewer people than the more popular summer season.
This trip is perfect for couples, especially where one chooses to walk while the other can relax
and travel to each lodge via water taxi.
|4 & 5 Day Guided Walking Holidays Include:
- Delicious 3 course evening meals plus breakfasts and lunches
- Luggage transfers to each resort
- Expert guiding services to assist you in making the most of each day
- The use of a *convenient Day Bag for personal items- camera, water
bottle etc (please indicate requirement when booking)
- Optional Kayaking - afternoon of second day, sit on top kayaks
- The use of *Walking Poles if required
- Entertaining interpretation of cultural and natural history
- Flexible packages for a holiday as active or relaxing as you wish
- The option of water taxi transport to each lodge if required (extra cost)
- Return water taxi back to Picton from Anakiwa.
- *Guided walks only
|COPYRIGHT 2017 WWW.NATURAL-ECOUNTERS.COM Links
The Queen Charlotte Track
Marlborough Sounds NZ